Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kale Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing

I am super excited about the new cookbooks that I got for Christmas. One of them, Forks Over Knives, is particularly exciting because the recipes are all vegan, and all low fat. I usually don't get too excited about salads in cookbooks - I rarely have the patience to follow recipes for something I feel like I can put together just as easily on my own. However, this book has quite a few salad recipes that caught my eye. The one I made the other day, a kale salad with maple mustard dressing, was surprisingly unique in taste.
 
 Dressing:
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemons
  • 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 tbps cup tahini
  • 1 tbps stone-ground mustard
  • 1 tbps Braggs Amino Acids (or wheat-free tamari or low-sodium soy sauce)
  • 1 tbs. 100% pure maple syrup
  • 2 tbps nutritional yeast flakes
  • 1/4 cup water
Salad:
  • 6 cups kale, ribs removed & shredded
  • 2 cup of broccoli florets, cut into tiny pieces
  • 1 cup of red cabbage, shredded
  • 1 cup of carrots, shredded
  • 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed


1. Place all dressing ingredients into blender and blend until smooth (add more or less water to get to the desired consistency)
2. Mix salad ingredients together and add dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment