Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta

After a two hour hot yoga class last night finishing at 7:30PM, I was not really in the mood to do much cooking when I got home. Luckily, I found this recipe by Angela Liddon, who writes an awesome vegan blog called “Oh She Glows”. I had half an avocado on hand so I halved the recipe and added in some cherry tomatoes.  It was delicious and came together so quickly, I was able to sit down to eat before 8PM!


Ingredients:
  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced & zest reserved for garnish
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1-2 garlic cloves (I recommend one clove, unless you are a big garlic fan)
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 6oz servings of pasta (I used whole wheat angel hair)
  • 2 tsp pine nuts
  • 8 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
  • Black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Bring several cups of water to aboil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, salt, and 1 tablespoon of water. Process until smooth and creamy.

3. When pasta is done cooking, place pasta into a large bowl with tomatoes. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined.* Garnish with lemon zest, pine nuts, and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.

*Note - Reserve a little pasta water in case you need to thin out your sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. You might be interested in a post I did on my current favorite kitchen utensil - a jar key. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/useful-kitchen-gadget-jar-key.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole...I was actually given a jar key a few years back and use it all the time! I agree it is very handy. :)

    ReplyDelete