Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brussel Sprout, Asparagus, and Pea Spring Salad



I was planning on making a tempeh meatloaf tonight but given the gorgeous spring weather we had here in Boston today I did not feel like turning on my oven when I got home from work. I had brussel sprouts and asparagus on hand so I thought I would make a quick salad. The maple mustard dressing brings this salad together and gives it a nice sweet and tangy flavor. Satisfying as a light dinner, it could be paired with quinoa or brown rice to make it a bit more substantial.

 Ingredients:

2 Tbps Mustard
3 Tbps Maple Syrup
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 lb brussel sprouts
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
12 stalks of asparagus
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Directions:

Wisk mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, and salt and pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.

Cut asparagus into strips and microwave in a covered container with a tablespoon of water for three minutes to lightly steam.

Shred brussel sprouts into thin strips.

Heat olive oil in a large wok on the stove. Add shreded brussel sprouts and cook until bright green, about two minutes. Add asparagus and peas and cook until heated through, another minute or so.

Coat with maple mustard dressing and serve garnished with sliced almonds.





No comments:

Post a Comment