Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Curried "Chicken-less" Chicken Salad

I have never been a big fan of chicken salad, but mostly because the thought of mayonnaise always turned me off. I decided to "fake" the concept with temeph and vegenaise. The result was actually delicious, I am looking forwad to having leftovers tomorrow!



Chicken Salad Ingredients:

1 8oz package of tempeh (I used three grain tempeh from Whole Foods)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbps whole grain mustard
2 tbps dijon mustard
2 tsp capers
2 tbps vegenaise
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp herbs de Provence

To serve:

1 handful of arugula, spinach, or other lettuce
1 whole white pita pocket
extra mayo and mustard if desired

Directions:

Cube and boil tempeh for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.

Mix all other ingredients in a bowl. Crumble tempeh into sauce and chill for at least one hour before serving in a pita or on a bed of lettuce.



No comments:

Post a Comment