Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Garlic Mustard Baked Tofu


I whipped up this marinade before I went on a long run last night. When I got home, I put the tofu in the marinade while I showered and popped it in the oven when I was out.  Served over instant brown rice it was an easy filling meal. Even better, I ate the leftovers in a whole wheat pita with some lettuce for lunch today!

The marinade recipe was inspired by one I found on SmittenKitchen, modified to suit my preferences and what I had on hand.


2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Honey mustard
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoons Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon sriracha
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes while you press a block of extra firm tofu. I usually drain the block of tofu, wrap it in a towel or paper towels, place on a cutting board, and place a heavy object on top.

Slice the tofu into long strips or triangles. Cover in marinade and let sit for at least 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Place strips on a baking sheet coated in non stick spray, making sure the marinade covers the entire exposed surface, and bake for around 20 minutes. Turn strips over and cook for another 15 minutes.

Serve over rice, salad, or in a pita.

No comments:

Post a Comment