Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blue Print Cleanse - Day 2

So if I stay busy, I keep forgetting that I am even on a juice cleanse. I guess that is a good sign – no growling stomach, no hunger cramps, and no overwhelming desire to gnaw off my officemate’s arm.


My subconscious, however, has not forgotten about my lack of food intake. I had various dreams last night regarding food – food which I remember eating and then feeling guilty about afterwards. But I am happy to report, no actual cheating has occurred. Still 100% on track.

To pick up where I left off:

Juice #5 yesterday was my last green juice of the day. I held my nose and sipped it down as quickly as possible through a straw. Still unpleasant. I headed off to a great Forrest Yoga class and got home around 7.45pm. After a quick shower I sat down to enjoy Juice #6.

Juice #6 is “Cashew Milk” – a blend of water, cashews, vanilla, cinnamon, agave nectar. Most reviews of this juice were quite positive – it was even called “delicious” by many BPC reviewers…a term not applied to many of the other juices. I quite enjoyed the juice – it was a creamy, sweet, and filling end to the day. My sister, on the other hand, did not have a positive reaction to the juice. We think it may be due to the juice’s unique texture. There is a grittiness to the drink, presumably from the cashews, that is a bit unusual. For me, however, it is the best drink of the six and something to look forward to tonight!

I woke up this morning feeling relieved that I was still on track and convinced that I would not let my dreams become reality – no cheating. I was not extremely hungry when I woke up. I was hoping to notice some difference in how I felt in terms of energy level but it was a pretty normal morning.

I opened my first green juice when I arrived at work, around 8.15AM. Yesterday I approached most juices via a cup and straw. Today I decided to (for lack of a more refined word) chug the green juice straight from the bottle. I figured the quicker I got it down the better, as I was feeling a bit of dread based on my memories of yesterday.

The green juice was much easier to get down in this fashion; however I did feel the need for two cups of herbal tea to “cleanse” my palette afterwards. But after that I was well on my way to getting through the morning.

Juice #2, PAM (pineapple, apple, mint) was a breeze. Still not my favorite, but I think this is due to the fact I am not a big fan of mint. I approached green juice #3 with the same mindset as this morning….chugging straight from the bottle. Not too difficult to get through, although still not a “pleasant” experience.

I was able to enjoy Juice #4 a bit more today – I like the spiciness of the lemonade, although it is by no means overpowering.

I am taking my last green juice of the day with me to my last meeting of the day. I am still trying to decide how to hide the green color (all of the cups in my office are clear plastic) so as not to disturb any of my coworkers. Wish me luck, and let’s hope this meeting does not run over and I can make it to yoga tonight – I definitely think it helps to stay active in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment