Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Blue Print Cleanse - Day 1

I woke up this morning, threw my juices in a bag, and went to work. The basic rule is that there are six juices to drink each day, at least an hour apart and the last one no later than 2 hours before bedtime.

I enjoyed my first juice of the day around 8.15AM at the office – a “Green Juice”. The ingredient list is: Romaine, Celery, Cucumber, Apple, Spinach, Kale, Parsley, and Lemon. Exactly what I want first thing in the morning!

I had already had a call from my sister telling me “it isn’t THAT bad." This was really based on the fact that we had read some reviews saying the green juice was barely tolerable if not downright disgusting. Turns out she is more tolerant than me…I had to struggle quite a bit to get it down. I think it was the “parsley” that threw me….or maybe the celery…. A cup of green tea afterwards helped wash down the taste, and perhaps gave me a bit of a caffeine boost. Despite having already suffered through caffeine withdrawal over the weekend for this, I really miss my morning coffee.

Anyhow, I got it down and surprisingly felt OK throughout the morning. Not too hungry, although I did drink a lot of water and herbal tea (both of which are allowed on the diet). Since I knew lunch time would be a weak spot for me, I spaced my next two drinks around it, one at 11AM and one at 1PM.

Juice #2 consisted of Pineapple, Apple, and Mint. Not at all offensive but not really what I would call great.

I had to get out of the office around noon when the smell of sandwiches, soups, and bread started drifting past my cubicle. I went for a stroll (OK, a stroll around Marshalls which is just far too close to my office building) and got back to the office a bit after one. My third juice was another green juice and I was not looking forward to it at this point.

Juice #3, my second green juice of the day, was worse than #1. I got it down and then had waves of nausea for the next thirty minutes or so. Not sure if it was from the juice, the lack of eating, or just mental. Luckily the nausea passed without any unpleasant incident in the office.

Juice #4 was “Spicy Lemonade” – a mix of lemons, water, agave nector, and cayenne pepper. I thought I would really enjoy this one…but I have to say, all the juices are kind of blending together right now and tasting the same. I could really use a breath mint too…Note to self to bring my toothbrush into the office tomorrow. 

On the bright side, I am not too hungry...in fact, no more hungry than I usually am at 4pm on a work day when I eat normally. Suprising.

I have two more juices to go today. I plan on taking a yoga class after work to keep my mind off eating tonight. This cleanse is supposed to provide energy, not drain it, so working out is actually encouraged. Not sure I feel like running right now but I think yoga should be pretty doable. More on how the rest of my night goes in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment