Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Sesame Noodles with Edamame

I picked up a spaghetti squash when I was at the grocery store last weekend with really no plan in mind on how I wanted to cook it. I did some online browsing yesterday, knowing that I wanted to do something a bit different, and came across this recipe. I was sold - super simple and no extra ingredients besides edamame which I happened to have in my freezer.

I microwaved the spaghetti squash instead of baking it and also halved most of the ingredients in the sauce from the original recipe. Even halved there was more than enough sauce to go around.

Ingredients:


  • 1Spaghetti Squash
  • 1 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
  • 1 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
  • 1  tsp Sriracha
  • pinch of ground Ginger
  • pinch of Garlic Powder
  • 2 tablespoons toasted Sesame Seeds
  • 1/2 cup cooked & shelled Edamame
  • handful of fresh chopped green onions or cilantro for garnish, if desired.


  • Directions:
    Pierce the spaghetti squash multiple times on all sides. Place in the microwave on a paper towel and cook for 10-12 minutes, until soft to the touch. Cut squash lengthwise, being very careful of the steam. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and scrape the sides of the squash with a fork until you have removed all the spaghetti-like strands.

    Combine sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, sirracha and sesame seeds in a small bowl.  Toss with spaghetti squash noodles. Gently fold in edamame and garnish.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment