Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Carrot Oatmeal Cookies

The last attempt I made at vegan cookies was so horrible I could not even blog about it. I finally gathered up the courage to try again after surfing through Heidi Swanson’s cookie recipes on her oh so amazing blog, http://www.101cookbooks.com/  She has two vegan cookies recipes posted that look amazing to me. This week I tried out her oatmeal carrot cookies and they are absolutely delicious. I substituted regular flour & olive oil and they still taste great. Next chance I have, I’m going to give her peanut butter ones a go!



Carrot Oatmeal Cookies:

Ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup real maple syrup, room temperature
1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375F degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots. In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.

Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment